Acrylic Artist's Varnish - High Gloss
Acrylic Artists' Varnish - High Gloss by Granotone
Elevate your artwork with Granotone's Acrylic Artists' Varnish - High Gloss. Tailored for artists seeking the best acrylic varnish for paintings, our product ensures that your masterpieces are protected while showcasing a radiant, mirror-like finish.
Why Choose Granotone's High Gloss Acrylic Varnish?
- Brilliant Finish: Our varnish offers a high-gloss sheen, making colors pop and bringing life to every brushstroke.
- Protection: Designed with artists in mind, our formula provides UV resistant protection, ensuring that your artwork remains safe from harmful rays that can fade colors over time.
- Versatile: Whether you're working on crafts, furniture, or canvases, our varnish is the ideal choice. Wondering about "acrylic varnish for outdoor use"? Ours is crafted to withstand the elements.
- Easy Application: Our smooth consistency ensures an even coat, whether you prefer brush-on or are searching for the perfect acrylic varnish spray.
- Non-Yellowing: No artist wants their artwork's beauty to diminish. Our non-yellowing formula ensures lasting clarity.
How to Use:
- Preparation: Before applying, ensure the artwork is dry and free from dust.
- Application: With a soft brush, apply a thin layer. For those curious about "how to apply acrylic varnish with a spray", dilute as per our recommended ratio.
- Drying Time: Our quick-drying formula ensures your artwork is touch-dry in 30 minutes and fully set in 24 hours.
Is Acrylic Varnish Waterproof?
Yes, our formula offers water-resistant protection, making it suitable even for humid environments.
Acrylic Varnish vs. Polyurethane - Which is better?
While both have their merits, acrylic varnish is specifically tailored for artworks, ensuring color vibrancy and protection.
Can I Use This Varnish on Wood?
Absolutely! Our acrylic varnish is versatile and can be applied to both artwork and wooden surfaces, enhancing the natural grain with a glossy finish.
How Many Coats Do I Need to Apply?
For most artworks, a single coat provides ample protection and shine. However, for pieces exposed to high traffic or frequent handling, two coats may be beneficial.
Does the Varnish Alter the Color of the Paint?
No, our Acrylic Artists' Varnish - High Gloss is designed to enhance the vibrancy of colors without altering their original hue.
Is the Varnish Safe to Use Indoors?
Yes, our formula is low-odor and safe for indoor use. However, we always recommend working in a well-ventilated area.
How Long Should I Wait After Painting to Apply the Varnish?
Ensure your artwork is fully dry before applying the varnish. For acrylic paints, it's typically recommended to wait at least 24-48 hours. However, drying times can vary based on the thickness of the paint and environmental conditions.
Can I Mix This Varnish with Paints or Mediums?
While our varnish is designed primarily as a finishing coat, some artists mix it with acrylic paints or mediums to achieve specific effects. Always conduct a small test before applying it to the entire artwork.
Reviewed in India on 21 April 2022
I was little apprehensive about this product due to comments like - it spoiled the painting.
But it worked fine for me.
My acrylic painting didn't get smudged. I was very careful as this is my 1st acrylic painting. I applied the gloss varnish 4 days after finishing the painting. Took small amounts, and didn't add any water or other solvent. Colors used - Camel. Pictures show difference between no varnish(1st painting) and varnished(2nd painting).
Good glossy look.
Explore More from Granotone:
- Matte Acrylic Varnish: Prefer a subtler finish? Explore our matte range. https://www.granotone.com/products/granotone-acrylic-artists-varnish-non-yellowing-non-toxic-anti-crazing-pro-artist-hobby-painters-kid-made-in-india-100-ml-matt
- Sealing Acrylic Paintings: Ensure longevity with our range of sealing solutions.